Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sakura ramen from Ippudo

Ippudo, sakura ramen

Ippudo has a sakura ramen for the spring season. It didn't quite look as pretty as the picture they put up on their social media but I suppose it was close. What I was disappointed with was the flavour which was nothing much like the expectations ingredients that they have put into it. A poorly thought out bowl if you asked me.


In the end, what came through was just the takana and mentaiko. I'm not sure why they had bothered with the sakura denbu though. I'm pretty sure that based on the tiny amount that they had sprinkled on for aesthetics, they would know that none of it would be registered. On the bright side, they have a salmon katsu on menu that was actually pretty good. Breaded, fried and rare on the inside!

Ippudo, salmon katsu

No comments: