Friday, November 10, 2017

Tiong Bahru Bak Chor Mee, Tiong Bahru Food Centre

Tiong Bahru Bak Chor Mee, Tiong Bahru Food Centre

We hit this stall (#02-77 Tiong Bahru Food Centre, 30 Seng Poh Road) seeing that it was one of those that was opened till the late evening. I've mixed feelings about this bowl. Let's start with what bothered me. I was getting a bit of that yellow noodle flavour from the mee pok. The texture of the noodles didn't quite have the bite that I was hoping for and in spite of them asking if I had wanted vinegar and me indicating so, the first mouthful left me wondering "what vinegar?".

But I didn't dislike it. It was an okay eat with decent slices of pork liver, minced pork and thin sliced lean pork. The flavour of that soup that they had on the side suggested it might have had dried scallops in the making.

No comments: