Sunday, August 07, 2016

Luke's : The kale salad and Luke's Blue Label Burger

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House, bloody mary

The last time we were here, I mentioned breaking the steak and burger routine. I tried. So no steak today and no Travis Burger. Just Luke's Blue Label Burger which came naked by default. Before we get ahead onto the food, the bad news is that their poppyseed buns for their burgers isn't coming back. Apparently, they are illegal here even though it's for buns. I suppose the third world mentality of the authorities is incapable of transformation like the rest this country. True story.  

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House, kale salad

Ah yes, the kale salad. This was very nice. Ruffly leafy texture from the kale with the crunch of peanuts married to a perky citrus from a squeeze of lime, nuttiness from the dressing and mint. I'd order this again easily. Can't believe I've been overlooking it.

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House, blue label burger

Presumably, the Blue Label burger is served the way it was because someone wanted the opportunity for the meat to shine. There's no cheese and the vegetable accompaniments are on the side for those that might want them. Sadly for me, I couldn't even figure out what was exciting about it. I wasn't able tell what was different from the Travis burger. It's a short rib blend if I recall correctly. Other than charring more, it didn't taste like it should cost more - which it does. Meanings that I'll be falling back to the tried and tested. While it sounds like I might have been exaggerating, those current sesame buns certainly feels a lot different from the old ones.  

No comments: