Saturday, May 07, 2016

Changing lanes at Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐)

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐), mushroom dumplings

Here're some stuff that I haven't actually eaten before. A relatively new mixed mushroom dumpling (shimeiji, shitake, oyster and enoki) with a light infusion of truffle oil. I kinda enjoyed it. It was more mushroomy than truffle-y which was really what I was looking for. All wrapped in their signature 18 folded dumpling package. The other thing's the beef broth noodle. No beef with this at all and pun fully intended. As much as I enjoy cow, Chinese styled preparations have generally not been my thing so the broth was actually good enough for me. A little bit of heat, a little bit of spice, some bovine aroma and comforting slurpy noodles.

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐), beef broth noodle

No comments: