Sunday, April 05, 2015

SweetSpot., Marina Bay Sands

SweetSpot., pastrami sandwich

I was previously under the impression that SweetSpot Deli had closed for good and was wondering what was wrong with this world. Until a little bird whispered and I learnt that it's just been moved across the road from The Shoppes to the lobby of Block 3 in the hotel. Have you not yet been enthralled the golden sheen of butter on the toasted bread already?

This new shop has noticeably less space for eating in and prices have gone up by a dollar. The sandwiches felt a little smaller as well. But who am I kidding? I'll still come back for these. Again.

To digress, I think I've figured out what's wrong with how they serve the pastrami at Sacha's. The sample that they lure you in with aren't the same state of meat as the one they serve you in their sandwiches. I'm pretty sure the sandwich goes into the oven and the result is dry chewy pastrami. 

SweetSpot., pastrami sandwich

No comments: