Friday, October 31, 2014

Salted egg curry chicken from Curry Times

Curry Times, salted egg curry chicken

By happenstance, I chanced upon another monthly special at Curry Times (238 Thomson Road, #02-33/34 Velocity @ Novena Square, tel : +65 6354 3206) a day or two before the dish git rotated out just like the previous time I visited. This time, it was a salted egg curry chicken. Really? I've never come across something like this before and it sounded too good to pass up. When the dish was served, it looked disappointingly nothing like what was shown on their menu. I was initially feeling a little let down thinking that they had passed off what they claimed to be salted egg curry chicken by sprinkling some crushed salted egg yolk over the top.

Until I took the first bite of the cubed chicken without the salted egg crumbs. The flavours of the salted egg hit me and I realized that they had, as I initially imagined, infused the salted egg into the curry itself. There were also some finely sliced chilli padi that added additional spikes of heat on that already moderately spicy nutty curry. This was so good.

No comments: