Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yellow Submarines, Toa Payoh Central

Yellow Submarines, Toa Payoh Central

We noticed this shop (Blk 177 Toa Payoh Central, #01-110, tel : +65 6352 7890) opening last year doing a local rendition of Philly cheesesteak inspired subs with an eye catching yellow submarine signage and had been wondering if that was any good, so since we were in the vicinity, we decided to give them a try. By the way, I hear that this joint is Halal certified.

I've never had a real cheesesteak before so I haven't any real basis for comparisons. But I've an inkling of it via Food Network/YouTube. The sliced beef didn't quite look like it was on the any griddle. In fact, it looked boiled. Topped with their sunflower yellow cheese sauce and softened onions between some soft rolls.

It's actually not bad. The meat was juicy for one and one could certainly tell that it was beef and not some unidentifiable protein matter. The only gripe I have are the portions. For what they where charging, I think it's a little small. And I don't feel for the fries.

No comments: