Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Uncle Chicken, Alexandra Village Food Centre

Uncle Chicken, chicken rice

This stall (#01-74, Alexandra Village Food Centre, 120 Bukit Merah Lane 1) riding on the name of Sin Kee is apparently run by the sibling of the current owner of the real deal down at Mei Ling Food Centre. I'm sure that both parties would share a similar claim of doing chicken rice the way their father had done, but there's definitely differences between the two. Interestingly, Uncle Chicken fared quite well. 

The chicken was tender but not as slurp off the bone tender as the ones from Sin Kee. Both rice were comparable but I'm giving Sin Kee a bit more points with their savoury edge since the both were sufficiently greased and properly flavoured without becoming excessively heavy. What Uncle Chicken did better in my opinion was their chilli sauce which packed more punch with the heat (just a little bit more) and lime. This was something I could use since I generally eat the rice naked at Sin Kee. 

The owners of these couple of stalls may be siblings from the same father that started the business, but both their chicken rice from these two stalls are different beasts. I liked this enough that I wouldn't mind eating again when I'm in the vicinity.

Uncle Chicken, Alexandra Village Food Centre

No comments: