Monday, November 11, 2013

Common Man Coffee Roasters, Martin Road


There are legions of Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V adepts everywhere that know little or next to nothing about coffee writing about this place (22 Martin Road, tel : +65 6836 4695), so I'll save myself the parroting. One can simply Google them. Strangely,  no one talks about how different the standard roast that this place  uses is quite different from 40 Hands. That being said, I liked the coffee here a lot better. It seemed stronger and less acidic.


The crowd was almost crazy on a late afternoon weekend. I can see how people like to be seen in a place like this and also the conveniences it provides for the those living in the vicinity. Was quite taken in by their croissant croque monsieur. I don't eat these things a lot, but I thought that it was certainly a bag of flavours from the creamy Béchamel, a little sour from the mustard, savoury ham and a fairly buttery croissant. The pastry was crispy to boot. Though not the best I can remember having, it's pretty good.

The other mention worthy was their side of grilled portobello mushroom with pine nuts, pesto and Parmesan cheese. It was a lot tastier than it sounded on menu. And I'm seeing things that I may like from neighbouring tables.

No comments: