Saturday, March 09, 2013

Ramen Bari-Uma, Tanglin Shopping Centre

Ramen Bari-Uma

I was wondering what the shoyu based tonkotsu broth by Ramen Bari-Uma (19 Tanglin Road, #B1-01/02 Tanglin Shopping Centre, tel : +65 68874484) from Hiroshima was about before stepping in today. Turned out that the brown, cloudy broth did taste like a robust mix of both flavours with a thick consistency.

I enjoyed this to some degree even though I'm not sure how I actually feel about it. Yes I'm strangely conflicted. While this might not replace the regular tonkotsu as my favourite soup base anytime soon, I did definitely dig the savoury depth. Not to mention that the bowl was served with aburied charshu. Those strong caramelized flavours made their slices a winner and I'll be sure to add on extras in my next visit. No molten yolk from their ajitama there.

We spied some yakitori and ordered some pork belly and gizzards in tare. Enjoyed the juicy belly, but gizzard was just ordinary and crunchily textured.

Ramen Bari-Uma

1 comment:

Daniel's Food Diary said...

I thought the ramen was okay-decent, not the best, but one of the better ones around town.