Friday, March 29, 2013

Mak's Noodles (麥奀雲吞麵世家), Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong


So finally, the famed Mak's Noodles (77 Wellington St, Central, Hong Kong, tel : +852 2854 3810). I was almost worried that I would be let down after the barrages of glowing reviews on their reputation as one of the best wanton noodles one could get in Hong Kong.


Fortunately, the noodles themselves lived up to reputation. One could definitely taste the differences in the firm and wiry texture. To date these noodles have been my best experience so far. Was quite impressed.

There's the other part which casted some murk in this picture perfect.

The noodles served with beef tendons had a rather strong taste of ammonia which was strangely not present in both the soup wanton noodles and the dry noodles with shrimp roe. The latter was really good by the way.

Mak's Noodles, wanton noodles

As much as I liked the noodles , I couldn't say that this was definitively the best wanton noodle shop. I haven't eaten at that many here yet. What I noticed of Mak's portions was that it was quite small. Some people have described them as snack sized portions.

If I had really been hungry and wanted a better bang for buck quantity, the sensible thing would be to actually walk right across the road.

Mak's Noodles, Wellington Street

No comments: