Saturday, January 05, 2013

Ryoshi Sushi Ikeikemaru, Liang Court

otoro

I think I'm gonna have to say that I think Ryoshi Sushi Ikeikemaru (177 River Valley Road, #B1-48 Liang Court, tel : +65 6337 1022) was generally better than the looks of the place suggested. The quality and prices both indicated that what they served, were entry level stuff. Albeit respectable entry level which puts them on similar leagues with perhaps, Itacho Sushi. Which probably means that this place could be a sushi fix spot in Liang Court and that I wouldn't have to deal with an insane queue in a place like ION. Yay?

There were some hits and misses, thankfully, more hits than misses. I enjoyed the ankimo in ponzu as clinical as the presentation might have been and their cheap otoro actually tasted pretty good.  The chilly nama shirasu gunkan with little fish that popped between the teeth was definitely up my alley with their mild briny flavors while the kanimiso ones was rich in flavor of crab liver. Good that we had seconds. Even the torched cheese from the aburi cheese ebi was memorable in its own salty cheesy way.

The 'off' sides came from the uni gunkan which was frankly far from the best representitive of uni that could be served. The hue of the flesh from the uni looked a little dark and the flavors were lacking of the bouquet that could be found in fresh sea urchin of better quality. Anago was a little thin and could use a little more browning for better flavor in my opinion.

Like I said, hits and misses. I wouldn't scramble back in a hurry for sushi here, but will definitely consider them as an option for quick fixes when I'm in Liang Court.

ankimo

salmon belly

nama shirasu

uni

kanimiso

maguro and avocado

nama sakuraebi

engawa

anago

aburi cheese ebi

No comments: