Monday, October 08, 2012

Dry tan tan ramen from Baikohken


This looked to be a bowl loaded with mostly vegetables from Baikohken at Takashimaya (391A Orchard Road, #B2-01-04 Takashimaya Food Hall, Ngee Ann City, tel: +65 6235 3483 ), but there was actually flat noodles (similar to mee pok) underneath the mound of beansprouts and negi. The tan tan element in this bowl of ramen, came from a very viscous sauce of creamy orange filled with a nutty sesame aroma and a tiny bit of heat. I'm not sure if there was any peanut butter in this, but the was pretty mild and before halfway through, the flavors lost dimensions and became flat. 

What had saved this bowl of ramen for me, was their very fragrant and spicy pepper (table condiment) that added a layer of their aroma and some spicy kick that kept me going. The whole bowl of noodle felt pretty heavy because of the flavors and very sticky sauce. I don't think I'm ever going to order this again but I certainly don't mind checking out the soup rendition another time.

No comments: