Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Baja Fresh, Rendezvous Hotel

Baja Fresh, quesadilla

Hmmmm....this place (9 Bras Basah Road #01-03, tel : +65 6337 7300) turned out to be quite disappointing. Their shrimp burritos were a bore. Consisted of a flat tasting filler of rice with barely trace amounts of Monterey Jack and cheddar. Just in case you were wondering why I said it's flat tasting, it's because it's mostly rice and nothing else and the rice has a flavour quality which I reserve the word 'indiscernable' to describe. There is a flavour, I just can't tell what it was.

For what they charged, I thought it wouldn't be too much at all to expect a little more generosity with the shrimps. They're not exactly loading the roll with premium fresh crustaceans in the first place. Quesadillas were very ordinary and I think Chili's did a better job with them. I suppose it was too much to ask for something decent out of overpriced fast food.

As little as I know about Tex Mex, I'm gonna file this for myself as Mexican't.

1 comment:

T. said...

Mexican't -- hahaha I love that! ;)