Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yee Shun Milk Company, Mong Kok, Hong Kong

Yee Shun Milk Company, sandwichegg and beef sandwich

Yee Shun Milk Company, steamed milk gingerhot steamed milk with ginger

Yee Shun Milk Company, steamed milkchilled steamed milk

Yee Shun Milk Company, steamed eggchilled steamed egg

Yee Shun Milk Company, luncheon meat sandwichluncheon meat sandwiches

We were kind of fortunate to have been staying at a hotel that was a convenient few minutes of walk from one of the Yee Shun Milk Company outlets (G/F, 246-248 Sai Yeung Choi Street South, tel : +852 2393 3301) that we could revisit easily for desserts (and sometimes snacks). So this post was kinda formed from the authority of three separate visits. And if anyone was wondering what's good here, I'd say that the desserts were on the whole pretty decent. Especially their hot milk pudding with ginger juice which had a texture that I could only describe with the word 'ethereal'.

But if I had to put my preferences into context, the flavours were a little more subdued that what I had expected. The steamed egg tasted less eggy and the ginger juices used were less sharp (or spicy) than what I would have preferred. With those things being said, I'd still have to give them a thumb up for a well moderated texture and flavour balance.

Skip the beef and egg sandwiches. It's as what I was expecting (but hoping against hope that it wouldn't be), an unidentifiable meat matter that had been tenderized to death.

2 comments:

ET said...

any comments in comparison to the Australian Dairy Company near Jordan MTR?

LiquidShaDow said...

Nothing much in terms of comparison except maybe for the scrambled eggs which I think I prefer from Australia Dairy. I didn't get to have any desserts from them, so I wouldn't know the differences.