Monday, June 14, 2010

Zan Ji Mixed Veg Rice, Whampoa Food Centre

Zan Ji Mixed Veg Rice, Whampoa Food Centre

After several visits which I gave this stall passes, I've finally decided to give this neighbour (Block 90 Whampoa Drive, #01-67) of Uncle Sim a go and it turned out to be a pretty good recommendation. The food tasted better than I had initially thought, especially with the simmered cabbage that was like a fresher nonya chap chye. We were also fortunate to arrive at a timing when they had just brought out a fresh batch of crunchy stir fried french beans and warm fried chicken. They had a rich curry (which I had to request separately for) to go with the rice too which sealed the deal for me. While I don't write about mixed vegetable rice often, this one was just one I had to bring up.

No comments: