Friday, October 16, 2009

Chili's, Tanglin Mall

Chili's, Tanglin Mall
As a student many many dozens of moons ago, I've visited Chili's (#02-23 Tanglin Mall, 163 Tanglin Road, tel : +65 6733-3317) once. It was such a long time back that I have little to no recollection of my experience there. Then again, it could have been that it wasn't memorable at all. This impromptu visit could be consider a clean slate for myself in getting acquainted with the food from this Tex Mex restaurant.

The food was pretty decent tasting with generous portions. There was a curiously named fajita quesadillas which was basically just quesadillas with chunks of beef (or chicken) in them. The skins were buttery, meat was a little more cooked than I would have preferred and the lime flavoured rice was addictive. Unexpectedly better than I had anticipated was their Southern Smokehouse Bacon Big Mouth Burger. Big mouthful there for the name as well. Lol. Wasn't expecting much from the meat which was surprisingly not too bad in the department of beefiness. What got my attention was the description of the brown sugar and chilli rubbed bacon which tasted very much like ba kwa.

All in all rather meaty meals that were heavy on grease, cheese and carbs. Reminded me of the early days of Tony Romas. I have suspicions on the decline of the food quality as time passes. We'll have to see about that.

No comments: