Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A tortellini alla Genovese from Porta Porta


This pasta tasted homely and heart warming in more ways than one. Prior to this, I've never ordered anything alla Genovese since I had always assumed that they were just another one of those tomato sauced concoctions which I may dislike. I was wrong. This was mostly meat/onions/white wine/and some other minced and stewed vegetables. Tomatoes were used but in a sparing manner in comparison to the regular ragu type of sauce. I couldn't taste much of the other vegetables. The white wine and meat flavours were rich in the stew like broth with ricotta filled tortellinis. Piping hot. Another reason for me to come back another time. Now if only they were more wallet friendly.....

2 comments:

red fir said...

Hmm... strange. Pasta alla Genovese is pesto based no?

LiquidShaDow said...

It seems that the Neapolitan ones aren't.