Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Seletar Grill & Pub, Singapore Flying Club

Seletar Grill, prime rib

This was my first visit to Seletar Grill (140B Piccadilly, Singapore Flying Club, tel: 6482 0244) and I've managed to get my name up on the level 30 wall of fame for their spicy chicken wings. It didn't taste good, I do not recommend them at all and I did it for the cheap thrill of having my name up on a piece of paper up their wall of fame after enduring the tongue and lip blistering venom which makes those wings look absolutely toxic. Not to mention the fuzzy feeling in my stomach after that...... 

The silver lining of this visit was the prime rib on the menu which I was admittedly skeptical about initially. After little persuasion, I took the plunge and this turned out to be a good call. And a good thing it was too that I decided on medium instead of the usual medium rare since it probably would have been a little to rare for my liking. The boned in prime rib was tender, juicy full of beefy goodness coupled with a healthy amount of fats for texture and flavour. Not forgetting the nicely browned surface as well. Honestly surprised at something like this in an out of the way shack. It's tough luck for me that this place is so damned inaccessible.

6 comments:

lyrrad said...

Is that a T-Bone?
You may have regretted the wings, but that T-Bone looks damn good la.

D said...

That looks more like bone-in prime rib.

LiquidShaDow said...

Bingo D!

Anonymous said...

Its Sunset Grill BTW. Standard of the food there has dropped tremendously over the years, it was better in the beginning.

From someone whose name is on the board there too - as a pilot.

MystiKaL said...

how much did that piece cost? I'm still craving another go at Tanglin Club tho =(

LiquidShaDow said...

Sunset Grill it is. :D

I think the prime rib was around $48 or thereabouts. I'd love to go back to Tanglin Club again for the lard dips and the prime rib too!