Monday, February 23, 2009

Shiraz Mezzah, Clark Quay


I was thinking that this might be a good place (Blk 3A, Clarke Quay, #01-09 River Valley Road, tel : 6334 2282) to get kebabs since there weren't much of such stands around. This one was opened by Shiraz which is just across the pavement. What I didn't expect were fries and jalapenos in the the kebabs. Not that I minded them (frozen fries which were fried upon order, at least mine were) but they didn't quite feel Persian to me (squeeze bottle hummus anyone?). Those jalapenos which added a nice touch of tangy spiciness to the meat did do the job but I guess it just felt a little Mexican? Perhaps that's the face of modern Middle Eastern fast food? Still can't beat Sultan Kebab here which feels a little more straightforward. I wouldn't say that I'll avoid this since the food was actually not bad.

1 comment:

red fir said...

There's a new kiosk outside Forum, Orchard. There's shawarma & German sausages. Menu doesn't look too bad, price decent.