Thursday, August 07, 2008

Blueberry apple pie and a ginger latte


I found myself in Dome (51 Bishan Street 13, #01-02 Bishan Community Club, tel: 6354 8939) and since I was there, I decided to get something to eat/drink. This place hasn't changed the way they've served coffee in those bronzed looking glass holders for over a decade. Surprisingly, the blueberry apple pie was pretty good. There was sufficient enough tart and chunky apple bits (instead of sliced) and wasn't excessively sweet. I wonder why it's served room temperature. Would have been nicer if this was served warm. Funny thing is, they actually bothered to get this out from the refrigerated display and microwave them into room temperature.
 

The ginger latte - something I've never had before so I ordered it out of novelty. There was definitely some ginger flavour in there, a weak hint of coffee as with many latte and that was pretty much it. Wasn't sharp and flavourful like certain teh halia.

1 comment:

D said...

Gimme a teh halia from taj mahal at adam rd anytime mate.