Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Steak @ Les Bouchons

Les Bouchons, Ann Siang
I was recently seized by a craving for beef after a "cold tipoff" which brought us down to Les Bouchons (7 Ann Siang Road, tel : 6423 0737). Since the last visit some time back, the menu has gone through some changes. The price of the cote de beouf has gone up a little (it's now $40 per pax) but was still good value for money. Previously the other steak items also costed less. Today I didn't want to pass on the previously unavailable XL US beef ribeye ($42) which the server estimated at 400g and would be fattier than the standard ribeye option where the meat was from Australia or New Zealand. Tenderloin lovers got  their loving as well in the form of their larger beef fillet ($34) option.

Les Bouchons, ribeye
As you can see, the ribeye was the only thing that's on the plate. It turned out to be as large (yes!) as the server had mentioned and the fries had to go on a separate basket. The meat was fatty as claimed but was also sinewy. Wasn't as juicy as I had expected though. At the back of my mind, I was actually imagining something else. I had to let go of some of the fat as there was too much that my conscience refused to let me eat them all. Lol.

Les Bouchons, tenderloin
In spite of being less juicy than I had been imagining for, the tenderloin scored points by being as tender as one would expect of the cut. It was leaner and slightly less flavourful than the ribeye but still turned out to be very enjoyable. Probably is one of the larger tenderloins I had.


Les Bouchons, Ile Flottante
There wasn't much of variety for desserts in Les Bouchons. Apart from some ice cream with fruits and preserves, there was only the Ile Flottante ($10) and a Grand Marnier flavoured creme brulee to be had. I didn't remember how the former tasted like since it was quite some time back since I had it. After the first mouthful of that soft wobbly egg white in the caramel milk, the memories steadily back. This stuff was light and fell apart in your mouth more easily than foie gras. The sliced almonds were toasted which added a depth of crunch and fragrance.

5 comments:

red fir said...

oh! where can I get the "cold tipoff" ? >.<

Chee Wei Yen said...

beautiful.

Anonymous said...

hello

the steak looks big! hahaha!

Btw, i'm having a food outing this sun 6 april at Wild rocket's relish for lunch. you interested to join us? let me know asap? email to bradleyfk@gmail.com

regards
brad

LiquidShaDow said...

@ice
your best friend would be your best bet

@ladyironchef
I would like to I probably wouldn't be able to make it on short notice. Will let you know if I would be joining. Thanks for asking. :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha! No problem, meet up next time : )

btw, i have move to my own domain and hosting, please relink me at http://www.ladyironchef.com

thanks!