Friday, June 22, 2007

Cheok Kee Duck Rice, East Coast Lagoon


This stall (Stall 29) at East Coast Lagoon seemed one of those (out of two in the stalls that was opened for lunch) which had a long queue during lunch. I'm usually not a fan of queues. I've learnt that they are usually not worth the wait and I personally dislike having to wait. I made an exception because I was told good things their duck. That and that I'm not likely to be here often so I thought why not.
   

As hawker prices go, they were a little pricier than usual. A single portion of the duck be it with noodles, rice or porridge was $4.50. Agree that the duck was good and a notch above many other braised (that seems to be the only type at Cheok Kee) ducks. I'm saying this even though I generally prefer roasted variety. Will not mind having this again if I do come back to East Coast Lagoon.

No comments: