Monday, September 18, 2006

$5.50 and 10 minutes

Han's fried rice

If you've been reading and not just looking at the pictures, you may recall that I've mentioned fried rice at Han's. Here, for $5.50 you one delicious plate of steaming carbo comfort fix topped with an egg. At this price, I wouldn't say that it's cheap but it's pretty good stuff. Enjoyed every spoonful of it. Definitely stretches ahead of what awaits at HK Cafe. Maybe next time, I'll order one with beef. This was another one of the things that I look forward to at lunch, comparative to the earlier entry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried the fried rice purchased from Shenton Way outlet before, and found it too oily & salty. However, my colleague and you seem to be giving it the thumbs-up. I wonder if the quality of the fried rice varies from outlet to outlet?

LiquidShaDow said...

I would presume so. Since each outlet is serviced by different chefs. Even with fixed receipe, well, there are definitely variables. The one which I had wasn't too oily.

Anonymous said...

i used to like Han's fried rice. but now, its horrible. the serving is small, served with chinese ham and damp and soggy. the outlets are at far east plaza and parkway. my friends had the same experience too at other oulets. this is after they have changed their menu and up the prices for some items.same thing for their seafood kway teow. my girlfriend can just pick up all the kway teow at once!its tasteless too. after 15 years of fried rice and kway teow from Hans, i must say that the standards have dropped tremendously

Anonymous said...

their char png got a burnt smell n taste one. got one time i eat hor, not enough salt!! buay kau kiam!!

zhi char stall one nicer leh...

LiquidShaDow said...

Try the outlet at Century Square. That's where I had mine and I've had it several times. It has never been that bad in my experience.